Last modified: November 22, 2020
Design Miami II, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.designmiami.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
- Through mobile and/or desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Phone calls to Company.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
Children Under the Age of 18Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified. This includes information such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, credit card or other payment information, or customer product preferences (“Personal Information”);
- Information about you but which does not individually identify you. This includes information such as customer product preferences; and
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Information you provide to us:
- Communicating with us. In general, you can visit the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, if you correspond with us through our Contact Us page, by phone, email or otherwise, or if you click “Inquire” with respect to any goods listed on the Website, or if you report a problem with the Website, we will retain the Personal Information that you provide.
- Making an inquiry. The Website is a marketplace offering a forum for sellers to offer items for sale and for buyers to browse, and make inquiries to sellers about potential purchases. When you make an inquiry, we will ask you to provide Personal information. We will retain that Personal Information, and we will also make that information available to the particular seller.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies:
- Technical Information. This includes browser type and version (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari), operating system (e.g., Windows, Macintosh), IP address, device type, time zone setting and Internet domain (e.g., AOL, Hotmail) and location.
- Information about your visit. This includes the pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
The technologies we use for automatic data collect may include:
Traffic Log Cookies. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To determine customer product preferences.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information, See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We may reveal your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties when you request or authorize it, or to help complete a transaction for you which you have requested.
Third parties who will have access to your Personal Information include (without limitation) sellers selling items on the Website that you have contacted or made a purchase from, shipping companies selected by you or the dealer, payment processors completing a transaction at your request, and Convelio, in order that we may utilize the digital tool developed by Convelio to generate shipping prices.
Sellers of items for which you post an inquiry or sellers from whom you purchase items may use your Personal Information for their own purposes including marketing purposes. We are not responsible for the use or processing of your Personal Information by such third parties.
We may share your Personal Information with other companies or agents affiliated with us who have been carefully selected and who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service, processing orders, etc.).
We will only transfer your Personal Information to third parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
Where third parties are processing Personal Information on our behalf, they will be required to agree, by contractual means or otherwise, to process the Personal Information in accordance with the applicable law. This contract will stipulate, among other things, that the third party and its representative shall act only on our instructions, or as permitted by law.
These companies may use your information for their own purposes including marketing to you where you have consented to receive notifications relating to their products and services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce our User Agreement, Seller Agreement or other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a consumer reporting agency for fraud protection etc.).
In the event of a corporate transaction, such as the purchase, sale or other transfer of all or part of our services or assets, we may transfer your Personal Information along with those assets or services to a prospective transferee.
The Personal Information we receive may be held on our computers and systems in the European Union and in the computers and systems of our offices and data centers in the United States and may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside the European Union.
Your Personal Information may be processed by us in the United States, where laws regarding data protection may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using this Website and by providing any Personal Information to the Website, all users, including without limitation users in Canada and the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such Personal Information in the United States.
In addition, sellers registered on the Website are located around the world. Due to the nature of our business and to enable us to offer goods and services worldwide, your Personal Information may be transferred to and held by merchants or sellers in any country in the world. By using this Website and by providing any Personal Information to the Website, all users, including without limitation users in Canada and the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such Personal Information by such third parties.
How You Can Access and Amend Your Personal Information
You are required to provide us with accurate and up to date Personal Information. The Website gives you the ability to amend your Personal Information at any time by accessing your account on our Website (by clicking on the “account details” link on the website homepage), modifying the Personal Information on your account page, acknowledging our User Agreement by clicking on the box at the bottom of the page and then clicking on submit.
You can ask us whether we are keeping Personal Information about you and you can ask to receive a copy of that Personal Information. Before sending you any Personal Information, we will ask you to provide proof of your identity. If you are not able to provide proof of your identity, we reserve the right to refuse to send you any Personal Information. We will respond as quickly as we can to your requests for details of Personal Information we hold about you.
As a registered user of the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password. Please keep your user ID and password confidential.
If you share your computer, we recommend that you log-out and close your browser window after visiting the Website in order to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content at our sole discretion.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to help us protect the security, integrity and confidentiality of data stored on our system. The Website encrypts your Personal Information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of the Personal Information from your PC to our servers.
SSL is an industry-standard protocol for encryption over the Internet. While no system is 100% secure, we believe that the measures we have implemented minimize the risk of a security breach to an appropriate level given the types of Personal Information involved. Please note that any Personal Information you provide us by email is unencrypted.
Please note that transmission of Personal Information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will endeavor to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, however. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
If you do not wish to receive offers or other notices from us in the future, you can “opt-out” by contacting us at the address indicated at the end of this policy. We will try to complete your request as promptly as possible. You can elect not to receive emails from us either by “unsubscribing” to an email you receive or by contacting us as indicated below. Any changes will affect only future uses of your information.
Privacy Rights (Europe)
For individuals within the European Economic Area (EEA) only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information, (c) request that your Personal Information is deleted provided the Personal Information is not required by us for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Privacy Rights (California).
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit: https://shop.designmiami.com/pages/privacy-policy-california-residents.
Links to Third-Party Websites
When you use our Website or our service, you may be directed to other websites that are beyond our control. These may include merchant sites where you select items for purchase or payment sites where you pay for your purchases.
We may also allow third party sites or applications to link to our Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties or the content of linked sites, but we do encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies and terms and conditions of such parties or websites.