Richard Filipowski created this bronze and silver sculpture circa 1960-65. It is a one-of-a-kind.
Born in Poland, Filipowski (1923-2008) was a US-based artist and member of the New Bauhaus. Inspired by his teenage encounter with the Museum of Modern Art’s exhibition catalog on the Bauhaus school, he decided to pursue a formal education in the arts. Upon the completion of his studies, he sought out a mentorship Lazlo Moholy-Nagy, a founding member at the New Bauhaus.
Phosphor bronze and silver
40 x 2.5 x 35 in