This wood relief, representing a group of workers collaboratively moving a wheel, is attributed as a commission of the Works Progress Administration (WPA), created by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1935 to relieve mass unemployment during the Great Depression. The WPA built infrastructure and commissioned artworks for government buildings across the United States.
Commissioned by the Works Projects Administration (WPA)
154.2 cm diameter
Miami Beach, Florida