This pair of chairs was created by Alexandre Noll circa 1940. They feature carved mahogany. A similar design is referenced in Alexandre Noll, published by Éditions du Regard in 1999 (pg. 47). The design was exhibited in Alexandre Noll, mounted at Schloss Charlottenburg in Berlin in July and August 2000.
Born in Reims, Noll (1890-1970) was a French sculptor and furniture designer who worked primarily in wood. He is known for creating pure, organic forms.